.

Reclaimed, Recycled and Scavenged Musical instruments and Noise makers.

8.10.10

The Duck Strangler and Other News

I came across a horn of some poor creature that was going to be thrown away, I couldn't let this happen. So I tried to recreate an instrument my bro bought for me in Morocco. The Bamboo is from my grandma's garden, the reed is part of some tough plastic wrapping, and it sounds more like a strangled duck than anything else worth mentioning!



It sounds like this...

 

Also coming up soon, I've started a 2 hour music project, where I challenge myself to make an instrument and write/record a song with it in the space of 2 hours. I've done a few trial runs and it's been fun/tough! Once I mix it properly I'll get the results online. I'm hoping to try and make it a weekly project.